(1) SOUTHERN WOMENS INTER-COUNTY CROSS-COUNTRY, HIGH WYCOMBE, 6TH JANUARY 1973
Our Girls team was 1st. The Seniors were 2nd. The Inters were 3rd. The Juniors were 5th. Val Tomlinson (AFD) gained the highest individual place, 6th in the Seniors, amongst the Surrey athletes. PARTIAL RESULTS.
(2) WOMENS NATIONAL INTER-COUNTY CROSS-COUNTRY, LEICESTER, 27TH JANUARY 1973
Our Senior team was 2nd with Val Tomlinson (AFD) finishing 4th. The Girls placed 3rd; the Juniors were 9th and the Intermediates were 12th. It was a creditable performance considering that the London Schools championships meant that 12 girls were unavailable and that the coach bringing the team arrived with just 10 minutes to spare after suffering a puncture on the M1. PARTIAL RESULTS.
(3) SURREY 10,000M TRACK WALK CHAMPIONSHIPS, BATTERSEA PARK, 12TH APRIL 1973
(7) INTER-COUNTY MATCH AGAINST THE ARMY, PORTSMOUTH 8TH AUGUST 1973
(8) SOUTHERN WOMENS INTER-COUNTY, BOURNEMOUTH 11TH AUGUST 1973
On what proved to be one of the hottest days of the Summer our athletes and their supporters started out at 7.30am and after getting delayed in the very heavy holiday traffic finally arrived with several other counties rather late for the scheduled start. However, the start was delayed and after some of the girls had changed on the coach the meeting commenced. Both our Junior and Senior teams finished first. Both Andrea Lynch in the Senior 100m with a time of 11.6 and Barbara Lawton in the Senior High Jump with a clearance of 1.80m set meeting best performances. In the Junior events a special mention must be given to Janis Walsh (Mitcham AC) who set meeting best performances of 12.1 for 100m and 25.0 for 200m.
(9) WOMENS INTER-COUNTY AGAINST WARWICKSHIRE & YORKSHIRE, ROTHERHAM, 2ND SEPTEMBER 1973
After difficulties in getting a team together for this annual fixture Surrey managed equal second place with Warwickshire on 93½ points behind Yorkshire on 103. As the meeting was part of the Rotherham Festival of Sport the first 3 in each event were presented with medals and with our team of 15 athletes we gained 10 medals. The hospitality was good and the girls enjoyed the disco and the old thyme dancing that was put on on the Saturday evening.
(10) WOMENS ROAD RELAYS, BROCKWELL PARK, 14TH OCTOBER 1974
The AGM was held at Merton Abbey Primary School. There were 25 attendees. Mr & Mrs H Nice were elected as Joint Presidents for the year. Mrs C Brett and Miss D Simmonds were made Life Vice-Presidents. Life Membership was awarded to Jane Finch, Janet Honour, Janis Kerr and Carole McLoughlin. Mr G Robinson and Mr A Eynon were elected as Vice-Presidents.
The following Officers were elected: Chairman - Michael Cowlard; Hon. Secretary - Jean Hutcherson; Hon Treasururer - Audrey Duckett.
(12) WOMENS CROSS-COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS, LLOYD PARK, CROYDON, 8TH DECEMBER 1973